Monday, October 31, 2011

A little background

This is my first blog post. Ever. I am pretty intimidated about the whole idea of writing for a possible audience of the entire population of internet users. So, to help myself to be more comfortable, I decided to make my blog about something I do every single day-read! I am kind of compulsive about reading. I have to read something while I'm eating breakfast (unless I'm with other people) and also before I go to bed. If there isn't something to read on my table while I'm getting my cereal, I will go find something. If there's nothing new lying around, I'll re-read a magazine. I've even read the back of the toothpaste in desperation. It's ridiculous.

4 comments:

  1. I have the exact same thoughts about blogging! It's pressure, especially as an English teacher, to write well, be witty, and publish frequently. Your idea is right on, post about things you do frequently, love to talk about, or generally find amusing. So far so good! I'm already addicted to Mental Floss (and I totally read the toothpaste container in the morning).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here. I've tried many many times to get into blogs but I'm hoping that this one can be my first "real" blog! I'm excited to see what you and your blog have in store!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can relate to the idea of being intimated writing for a possible large audience of internet users! I wish I had your desire for reading in that manner. I do love to read but only when I am not studying and its mostly for pleasure reading. I can see why you are so intelligent! Love the Mental Floss approach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can say i do like reading as well but not being obsessed about it. Well maybe that's not the truth when i think about the days when i read a book i like and i don't put it down unless i finish it. And probably i would stay up all night to finish it if i had to (which i have done a couple of times). I mostly remember doing this when i was younger because i used to read a lot more at that time,with that insatiable need for knowledge at young age. Nowadays it seems i don't have time to read anymore which i regret sometimes.

    ReplyDelete